You know what I’m bad at? Blogging. Especially food blogging. But hey, it’s what I do and I like it and so I’m gonna keep doing it. Maybe not weekly like I should, but when a new recipe sparks, a new recipe sparks. Actually I have a long list of recipe ideas and a short amount of time to actually make them happen. But this one came out of the blue, and was very good. Very simple, but very good. I hope everyone else likes it too!
Note: If you want to enjoy this for breakfast, but would like more protein, feel free to add a couple cooked egg whites or protein powder of your choice!
p.s. I don’t know if anyone else notices, but the chocolate, banana, and sunbutter combo is my FAVORITE. Check out my Chunky Monkey Ice Cream for another recipe with this combo. The main reason I like it is because it’s almost always 21 day sugar detox friendly, and I try to stick to that as much as possible. It’s great!
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/2-1 banana sliced or mashed (green-tipped for 21 dsd; if you mash it it’ll be sweeter)
- optional: sweetener (a few drops of maple syrup, honey, or stevia)
- optional: 1-2 Tablespoons nut butter (I love sunbutter in this!)
- Mix chia seeds and coconut milk in bowl until the seeds are well coated with coconut milk. I like using a mason jar for chia pudding.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and adjust amounts to taste.
- Put into the fridge for at least 3 hours and keep for up to 4 days