I LOVE THIS RECIPE! I hate sounding overly confident in my recipe-creating abilities, but omg I really did something good with this one. I set out to make a Caribbean Jerk BBQ sauce to top my Caribbean Jerk Burgers with, and quite honestly I was not so sure of my capability to do so and do it well. After searching and searching for recipes I could use, I resorted to the idea that it would take just as long to create my own recipe as it would to find one that would suit what I was looking for. The result was this, and I’ve never been so happy about nailing a recipe.
Sweet & Spicy Pineapple BBQ Sauce:
servings: yields about 1 1/2 cups prep time: 5 minutes cook time: 1 hour total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 can (15oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup chunked pineapple with juice (fresh or canned works)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (or gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 dashes allspice
- Mix all ingredients in a medium saucepan
- Place on medium-high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down to medium-low and let simmer for one hour, or until the sauce reaches your desired thickness.
- Store in mason jar in fridge for up to two weeks.