Summer may have come to an end over a month ago, but grilling has not ceased to survive. Burgers are kind of my life. Guac burgers specifically. S/O to Ben and Jenni Hulet from The Urban Poser for such a great idea that I enjoy every Sunday thanks to you guys. And not to mention, you guys are the real “life goals”, forget everything else you see on twitter, I want your marriage. That’s not creepy at all coming from a stranger, but seriously your blog and your instagrams are so inspirational. And your food photography is absolutely amazing. Along with your recipes. Okay, bow down, you guys are the real Queen B.
Alright, I’ll stop being creepy now. So these burgers are really good, and I really might make them again this week because well…I eat burgers almost every day. Below, these are topped with Baconnaise from Diane Sanfilippo’s book Practical Paleo (if you haven’t read this book, you need to get on it ASAP-it is my Paleo Bible!), my sweet & spicy pineapple BBQ sauce, homemade guacamole, and tropical pico de gallo from Hyvee. I’m drooling as I think about it. And I hope you drool as you make it!
Chili Lime Burgers:
serves: 2-4 prep time: 5 minutes cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper, as desired
- Warm up grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine all ingredients with your hands until well incorporated.
- Split into 2-4 patties and place on grill. I cooked mine for about 5 minutes on the first side and two minutes on the second side.
- Enjoy on a lettuce bun with guac, mayo, bbq, etc., or however you would like!