My addiction to breakfast sausage is unreal. Buuut, it may just be the store bought kind that’s pretty much up to no good with added sugar and crazy amounts of sodium and chemical additives and Lord knows what else. It’s so hard to give up my love for this stuff though because every time I try a recipe for a sausage seasoning blend, I end up disappointed. Until now. I took the matter into my own hands, and I couldn’t be happier with the result. Jimmy Dean, watch your back because I’m coming for you. The trick? REDMOND REAL SALT!!! This stuff is a game changer, my friends. I put off investing in some forever just because I thought it was “too expensive”, but I now regret every time I put off buying it. This sausage would not be the same without it, and did I mention it’s so much more convenient than having to grind my sea salt shaker forever to get the amount I need? My life is forever changed, and yours will be too once you buy some. Do it! ASAP!
yields: 1 lb.; about 16 patties prep time: 5 minutes cook time: 5-10 minutes
- 1 lb. ground pork or turkey (I don’t recommend ground beef)
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons Redmond Real Salt
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (omit for AIP)
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar or maple syrup (omit for 21DSD/Whole30)
- Combine pork or turkey with the seasonings. Make sure they are distributed about equally.
- If you want patties: roll into golf ball sized balls and flatten. If you want links: follow these instructions. If you want ground sausage: move onto the next step.
- Preheat a pan over medium heat. Once warmed up, add cooking fat of choice and let melt.
- Add the sausage to the pan and cook until no longer pink.