Breakfast has always been my greatest priority above all else. I’ve never been one of those people who can go about their day without eating in the morning…quite frankly I don’t know if I could function. Unfortunately, this trait of mine has recently become problematic. Ugh. I have an early bird class at 7 o’clock every morning, and I don’t believe I’ve been on time once yet this semester. Therefore, I need to stop taking an hour on breakfast each morning as a sacrifice for my education. Sigh, tear, I know. I’ve started making my breakfasts as part of meal prep, and this super easy frittata was one of the things I’ve made! I used to always scramble bacon and leeks together, and they just pair so nicely, so I figured they’d be amazing in an egg pancake! I was right! I hope you enjoy this super easy, make ahead breakfast that you can heat up or eat cold in the morning on the go.
Bacon Leek Frittata
serves: 2-4 prep time: 10 minutes cook time: 12 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 2-4 Tablespoons coconut milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chopped leeks
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook bacon in a cast iron or oven safe pan on medium heat until mostly cooked then add leeks.
- Whisk eggs, coconut milk, salt, and pepper together then pour over the fully cooked bacon and leeks.
- Let sit until the bottom of the egg mixture is cooked and set.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes then broil for two minutes.