PB&J is still one of my favorite flavors for everything, and it’s so weird because neither peanut butter nor jelly is paleo. Buuut…when you make your own it is! And almond butter is a pretty good substitute for PB (not peanut butter by any means, but whatevs..you feel me)! This recipe was made initially for my “PB”&J Burger recipe, which is super rad so you must try it, but then I started making jam with the fruit from my garden at least once a week and figured it’s kind of an essential and needs to be shared! This recipe is so ridiculously easy that even a caveman could do it, don’t believe me? Just try it out for yourself!
p.s. that’s seriously my favorite literary device to use when talking about paleo food because I find it pretty punny…just me? well, okay then!
Easy Jam (All Flavors):
yields: ∼3 cups jam prep time: 2 minutes cook time: 7-10 minutes
- 3 cups fruit of choice, diced (my favorites are strawberries, raspberries, grapes, and blueberries, but all work)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grass-fed gelatin
- Put diced fruit in a medium sauce pan and place on medium high heat.
- When the fruit begins to liquify and starts to boil, stir in the lemon juice and maple syrup and let boil for about 5 more minutes. When time is up, mash the fruit with a fork one more time before stirring in the gelatin.
- Pour into a heat safe container and refrigerate until it gels up. You can eat it right away or keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Enjoy!